About Me

My photo
I'm Nicole, I am a full time student trying to get back on track with my fitness and I am hoping to help others do the same.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Goal Achieving… as Easy as 1-2-3






I really believe that writing down goals is a powerful thing, and writing them down publicly only makes them more powerful. Here are my goals for the next few months:




1)       Get rid of the clutter. I have accumulated a bunch of unnecessary “stuff” of the past few years (while I was in school) and I want to downsize! (If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them I am pretty lost when it comes to this stuff! )

2)       Achieve some health and fitness goals (do p90x and the Beachbody Ultimate Reset AGAIN).

3)       Get back on track with Personal Development.



Writing down big goals like this is an important first step in visualizing the finish line, but in order to get there you need to break it down into bite size chunks. I like to commit to doing three tasks everyday that push me closer to my goal. This small change completely altered the way I saw certain tasks in my life. For example, there were certain busybody tasks I hated doing for school, I didn’t understand why I had to do them so I had a bad attitude every time and often delayed them until the last minute. Then, I changed my mindset to: this is one of three tasks I have to do today to achieve my goal of graduating on time. I was more productive AND I had a better attitude while doing these tasks, because I was achieving my goals everyday!  



So, here is an example:

I really struggle with organization, I have stated many times it is my biggest fault. Here are my three tasks for the day to help me get more organized:



A: Spend thirty minutes cleaning

B: Spend time looking up advice on how to be more organized (if you don’t know how to do something go to the experts!)

C: Put ten more things in my donation box.



See, three totally achievable (“bite-sized”) goals that are going to push me closer to achieving my goal.



To make this work you have to do it everyday. Recently I have been slacking on it, but it still works! I have been procrastinating an errand for about a month now, but when I made it my “goal” for the day I did it and I walked there so I also got some exercise. Win-win. Here is a photo from my beautiful walk (nothing clears my head like a walk through nature!):



I honestly love to help people with achieving their goals so connect with me on Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. I love goal setting posts! This was no exception! Thank you, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goal setting is huge, not just in fitness but in every day life. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...I have such a hard time setting goals and sticking to them when I do...Thank you

    ReplyDelete