About Me

My photo
I'm Nicole, I am a full time student trying to get back on track with my fitness and I am hoping to help others do the same.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spaghetti Squash


When I first heard about spaghetti squash (and the fact that has higher nutrients and much lower in carbohydrates and calories than grain pasta) I thought it must be difficult to make. I’m not very easy to convince that a substitute can taste good, be more nutritious and be easy to make. I’m here to tell you that it tastes great. The review from my two male friends is that it has a little bit of a crunchy texture but tastes just like spaghetti. They both liked it. In addition, I’m here to show you that it is super easy to make! 

Here is a chart to compare the nutrition:


Calories 
Carbohydrates (g)                 
Fiber      (g)
Spaghetti Squash
42
10
2.5
Pasta
221
42
2.2

Prick the squash all over. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour in a shallow baking pan.

When cool enough to handle cut in half lengthwise.

Scoop out the seeds and fibrous strings from the center.

Gently use a fork to scrape the sides and obtain the pasta strands.

I added 1 tbsp olive oil but that is optional. Then I added pasta sauce and enjoyed it! So glad I have some leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment